Where is Lang Tengah Island?
Lang Tengah Island (locally known as Pulau Lang Tengah) is truly a tropical jewel of Malaysia’s east coast situated in the state of Terengganu.Lang Tengah is s located about 40 km north east of Kuala Terengganu (22.5 km from Tanjung Merang).
When is the best time to visit?
- March to October when the temperature is around 28℃-34℃.
- The resorts are shut down from November to January due to monsoon season.
How to get there?
After arriving at KLIA/KLIA2, take a transfer to TGG (Sultan Mahmud Airport), Terengganu.
For visitors arriving at TGG BY 9am, our driver will send you to Merang Jetty (estimated 35 minutes) to take the exclusive ferry. The departure time 10.30am
Visitors will be sent to the hotel and depart the next morning by taking our shuttle bus to Merang Jetty (approximately 45 minutes) to enter the island at 10.30am. **
Ming Star Hotel
Ming Paragon Hotel
Contact us for reservation（Wechat: +60199598966）
Is it car park availabe in Merang Jetty
Yes, there are car parks at Merang Jetty with flate rate RM15/ night.
What time flight have to take for check in and check out day?
Chek in Day flight : before 10 AM
Reach the Merang Jetty before 10.30 AM for 11 Am boat transport
Check out Day Flight : After 12.30 PM
What is the cost for boat transport?
Speedboat are arranged by the resort and would take approximately 40 minutes per trip. Transfers cost around RM 100/pax per trip. Boat transfers are included in Holiday Package, but not Room & Breakfast package. You may book a boat otherwise, if your arrival time does not fit the scheduled timing
(Ferry Time: 10.30 AM from Merang Jetty).
How long is the boat ride from Merang Jetty to Resort and what are the boat schedule. Do you arrange Night boat departure?
Speedboat departures from here are pre-arranged with by resort and take 45 minutes. Transfers cost around RM 100/ Pax/ Trip. Holiday package included this boat trip. But for room and breakfast , you have to pay extra . You can chart a boat as well if you coming other that sheduled timing .We do not arrange night departure for guests due to safety reasons.
Ferry Time: 10.30 AM from Merang Jetty
Is it suitable for self-guided tour?
Absolutely. 80% of our customers travel on their own.
Is there any family suite in the resort?
Yes, we do also provide family rooms for three to six pax.
Which airlines offer flight to TGG?
- KLIA: MAS
- KLIA2: AIRASIA
- SZB: Firefly, MALINDO
How to get to Terengganu city centre?
Besides travel by air, you can also take bus from Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Malacca, Johor etc to the destination. Estimated duration of bus ride is about 6 to 7 hours (approximately 450km).
Book a ticket: busonlineticket
If you are departing from Singapore, take direct Konsortium bus to Merang Jetty.
Book a ticket: konsortium.com.sg
Where I can take a boat to the island?
Tanjung Merang is a small fishing village in Kuala Terengganu and the jetty is a few minutes outside of the village. Taxi services are available, or we can arrange a land transfer from Kuala Terengganu airport or bus terminal to the jetty for you.
How frequent does the ferry operate?
- Entering the resort: Only one time per day (10.30am).
- Leaving the resort: Only one time per day (9.00am).
**Anyone who wants to enter/leave the island besides the fixed schedule would have to pay for the extra ferry service.
How to get to Lang Tengah Island from Redang Island/Perhentian Island?
Please contact our customer service to book a ferry at least three days earlier. The boat ride should be approximately 30-45 minutes.
Facilities in the guest rooms
- Air-conditioners, fans
- Bathrooms, water heater, shower gel, shampoo, hair dryer
- Flat screen TV, small refrigerator, intercom phone, security box, wardrobe, drinking water, coffee and tea pack.
*May vary according to room type
Facilities in the resort
- Entertainment: Sunset bar, karaoke rooms, diving center, snorkelling (day and night time), island hopping service (Redang Island, Perhentian Island, Bidong Island), aerial photography, underwater photography, jungle trekking, “Blue Tears” tour, mah-jong table, beach volleyball, swimming pool, fishing etc.
- Supplies sold: Drinks & beverages, cigarettes, beers, Celcom prepaid cards and top-up, daily supplies, snacks, swimming suit, beach sandals, over-the-counter medicine and skin care products, local products, bird’s nest, white coffee etc.
- Food & Beverage: Food stalls (Mamak stalls) which sell local food; Okeechobee restaurant with Japanese food, BBQ and Western food; De-Lang Buffet Restaurant provides taste of Asia; Summer Court provides break time coffee and tea.
Is there any diving course in the resort? Is it open to non-swimmers?
Yes. And they are available to non-swimmers. Knowing how to swim is a plus but it’s not compulsory. Many of our learners only know how to swim after taking the course. If you are not afraid of water and willing to pay attention and cooperate during the course, passing the test and obtaining a diving certificate is not a problem at all.
Is ATM available in Lang Tengah island?
There is no ATM on the island so bring enough cash that would suffice your stay. The resort does accept card and e-wallet payments but internet connections are often unreliable/non-existent on the island.
Is there any Mini Market in Summer Bay Resort?
Yes, there is a mini market at Summer Bay Resort, where you can get food, toiletries, T-shirt, sandles, and the cheapest alcohol on the island! Prepare your sun cream and bug spray etc so you won’t have to buy them on the island.
Is there Wi-fi on the island?
We are using satellite access internet for both administration and customer usage. For now, we don’t provide free Wi-fi.
There is Celcom 019 internet coverage on the island which enable you to surf the internet via mobile. You may purchase Celcom prepaid card (at least RM10) and top up from us if you need it.
Do you provide vegetarian food?
Yes , we will arrange vegetarian food option upon request.
What are the languages used for communication?
Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, English and Malay.
What currency is used on the island?
Mainly Ringgit, but we also accept Ren Min Bi, American Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Euro, Pound, New Taiwan Dollar and Yen.
Is it suitable for old folks and children to travel there?
Absolutely, there are many old folks and children visiting the island every year.
Is it suitable for disables to travel there?
Sorry, the resort is lack of facilities for the disables.
What else to see in Kuala Terengganu?
Places worth visiting:
- Historic and lively Chinatown, street arts, Turtle Alley. There are also full of different kind of food such as keropok lekor, coffee, nasi lemak and different cakes.
- Well known Crystal Mosque, Islamic Civilisation Park, Floating Mosque, Terengganu State Museum (the largest museum complex in Southeast Asia)
- Visit batik factory to learn about batik making process.
- Markets that provide various kind of tropical fruits such as mangosteen, rambutan, duku, musang king durian etc.