Redang Island – a perfect place to treat yourself a little!
All of us carry a need to experience things the fullest, all that those we are exposed to and can afford ourselves to. Our senses take in all that there is to, treasurely holding on to places and people and events, and that threads us as human. That is how we connect to this world outside of us. We try to find pieces of ourselves everywhere and then we take in pieces from around us to create new parts of us. There is a balance of contribution here, and some places on the planet are just the right choices to do so. Make sure you note down Redang Island on that list! Here is a brief outline of what you need to start with.
The Redang Island
One of the largest islands off the East coast of Malaysia, the Redang Island is a popular tourist destination. It is a part of the Redang archipelago (a chain of islands scattered in the lakes, rivers or the ocean). While Redang Island or Pulau Redang is the biggest island, the other islands are Pulau Lima, Pulau Paku Besar, Pulau Paku Kecil, Pulau Kerengga Kecil, Pulau Kerengga Besar, Pulau Ekor Tebu, Pulau Ling and Pulau Pinang. These islands are protected marine parks, protecting underwater life from humans.
Owing to its vibrant tourist accommodations, Redang’s accommodations are mostly resort-based. The Island has a tropical temper to it. The best time to visit such East Coast islands of Malaysia is typically between March to October, for the monsoon restricts movements in the other months.
Redang’s image as a mainstream island may affect the crowds found there, and that too, only in a relative sense to other islands around. However, it still is a serene cool place for you to hang out and relax – the beaches to the North and South end, resorts, the jungles, night life, sea, trekking, underwater life – you name it!
What to Expect
The white sandy beaches of Redang slowly lead you towards the crystal clear waters. A few meters further, the sights of tropical fish and coral reefs will delight you! Laze around in the beaches around, walk on the wooden bridge and the sand, relax and eat in the resort, trek and wander in the jungle (but safely with all necessary supplies), dance or sit among the night life, wash yourself with the sea, go snorkelling and diving…
- For island hopping, you can visit Perhentian Islands, Lang Tengah Island, Kapas Island, Ekor Tebu Island, Ling Island, Pinang Island, Bidong Island, Lima Island and Susu Dara Island. There are other little uninhabitated islands too!
- During snorkelling and diving you can see coral reefs, underwater wrecks, jacks, fusiliers and trevallies, black tip reef sharks, humphead, parrotfish, cuttlefish, turtles, manta rays, whale sharks, reeftip sharks, snappers, rabbitfish, silver barracudas, clownfish, triggerfish… (since it’s a protected marine park, there are thousands of other varities of aquatic life!)
- During trekking you can see macaque monkeys, monitor lizards, fruit bats, squirrels (and beware of mosquitoes in general), and thankfully, no large animals!
- In general, you can see the sunrise, sunset, stars and other people playing beach volleyball, kayaking, fishing, just sitting (depending on the season you go there).
What to do
Well. Pack your budget, pack a ticket straight to Redang Island. Or, accommodate yourself in the nearby Perhentian Islands. But before you do that, make sure you do all of these right.
- Confirm your payment methods.
- Remember to respect local culture and religion, no matter how differently conservative.
- Plan an itinerary and make sure you don’t miss out what you want to do.
- Make sure to book the rooms comfortable for you, in budget, activity and view sense.
- Gather details on local transport, and make sure you manage your time properly.
- Have a rough idea of underwater and above-water activities you’ll be doing, and do so accordingly.
Long story short, make the best out of it!
Want more of such experiences? Hop on to Summerbay Resort, Lang Tengah Island!
Our lovely resort awaits you at Lang Tengah Island!
Visiting Lang Tengah Island for a stress-free, hassle-free abode, a warm home away from home, to enjoy? Come stay with us then! Our resort provides 4-star accommodation and services, bringing you the best of tropical island vacation with the comforts of air-conditioned spaces and luxurious amenities. Standard, Superior Room, Garden View, Pool View room – choose what is best for you!
We have different Lang Tengah Island packages to cater to your holiday needs, just take your pick and be on your way to an awesome and unforgettable holiday experience!
Summer Bay Resort is the accommodation for you, your gateway to a perfect Lang Tengah island vacation!
This article is brought to you by Summer Bay Resort.
Hope you enjoyed reading the article, and we bet you now know what you want to do.
Don’t forget to like and share! Will you make sure to go to Redang Island? Let us know in the comments!
(Image credits to respective owners.)